Family day care is becoming a preferred option for child care for many families, as the benefits of children being cared for in a home environment with a qualified professional become increasingly apparent. So, if you’ve been thinking you’d like to start a family day care business, now is the perfect time.
Here are seven reasons why now is the perfect time for you to make the leap, and start a family day care business.
1. You are in control of your professional development: When you decide to take control of your own career, your potential is in your hands, not someone else’s. You can develop your own program around your philosophies and values, and can become known as a specialist in the areas of child care you enjoy the most. Becoming known as an expert in your chosen area could lead to professional opportunities such as writing books or giving training in what you have become known for.
2. You get to run your own business: While many people can only dream of running a business from their home, you will have everything you need to build the career you want, and to do meaningful work as you guide children to a bright future. Family day care professionals have access to quality support services, such as JPS Advisers. Check out our Business of a Family Day Care Educator online training course here, or sign up to get our free business planning template to create your blueprint for your business.
3. Inspiration: A benefit of social media is the inspiration you will have at your fingertips when you start a family day care business. Children in child care deserve to have passionate and inspired people around them, so it’s important to check out what others in your field are doing. Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook groups are a good way to connect with others because business owners and educators love sharing ideas. Before you know it, you’ll be finding new ways to add your own style, flair, and expertise to your educational program, and you’ll have your own mini cheer squad supporting you. Like the JPS Family Day Care Advisers Facebook page to connect with like-minded peers.
4. Support and resources: If you become a service provider or educator, you may find yourself worrying if your family day care business is compliant. Finding you way through legislation can be tough, however, there are experts that provide a range of services, including coaching, training, resources and advice. Support services like this, such as JPS Advisers, can help ensure your business is meeting its obligations, meaning you won’t have to worry about the authorised officers closing you down when they turn up.
5. Fast growth: Because family day care is in such high demand, qualified and skilled individuals now have the opportunity to take the lead in the market and build a reputation as a quality family day care business.
6. Demand: There is no doubt that family day care is growing to be a popular as a choice for families with parents who work or study. Many families are seeing the benefits of having their children looked after in smaller groups with flexible, nurturing, and individual learning. If you have the qualifications and skills, then your community needs you!
7. Make a difference and create a legacy: Every game we play, every challenge we help children meet, and every accomplishment we help them achieve, will leave an impression on our children for a lifetime. If you are passionate about a giving children the right start, to play a role in shaping our future generation, and to help make those first memories beautiful and cherished, then it’s time for you to reach your potential and build a business that is going to make a difference.
“Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory bank of our children” – Charles R Swindoll
If you are an educational professional, and you’d like to get started on building a rewarding business, then family day care is a brilliant opportunity for you to share your knowledge and experience. There has never been a better time to get started.
P.S. Deciding to start a family day care business can be overwhelming, especially one where you are responsible for the education, care and safety of children. That’s why JPS Advisers have put together “The Family Day Care Educators’ Survival Guide”. This book contains the most comprehensive information available for family day care educators. It is packed full of procedures, tips, and recommendations to guide you to business growth and success.