If you’ve read my last blog post “How COVID has affected my business”, you will know that over the past few weeks I have taken time to evaluate my business and plan how I can improve it. Doing this made me realise how important reflection in family day care is. So, I thought I’d share one of my reflection projects with you.
I thought I would start at the very beginning of my client journey, when they first subscribed to my email list. People would get a confirmation letter, and that would be it until they received a newsletter. But I was missing a really important opportunity to connect with my new community members and to let them know what I was all about and how I could help them.
So, I did a complete overhaul of my welcome email, and thought I’d share it with you so that you might consider doing something similar as part of one of your reflection in family day care projects. I also wanted to share it here so that people who had been subscribed to my email didn’t miss out on anything.
So, without further ado, here it is.
Reflection in family day care project: My welcome email
My name is Jodie Signorino and I am the founder of JPS Family Day Care Advisers. Those of you that already know me, know I take the ‘fluff and stress” out of understanding legislation and business strategy so you can get the best out of your education and care business.
I advocate for family day care as ‘the’ optimal child care model for early childhood experiences.
I make the ‘hard stuff’ easy by breaking it into ‘snippets’ of content, much of it free, so you can establish, improve or grow your family day care business through self-discovery and self-education, regardless of where you are on your journey.
I’m a recognised governance and management expert by our regulatory authorities and Chisholm Institute, and I use my skills to help you achieve what you want through my proven strategies. I’ve worked with hundreds of approved providers to help them get through the approval process and then to set up their service. I have now expanded to help family day care educators run a successful small home business.
I help you to grow in your own way, whatever that means for you, with downloadable resources, templates, free content and videos, a facebook group and direct access to me. Not to mention the free newsletter I send out regularly.
I pride myself on working ‘for’ the family day care sector and promise to bring you resources to guide you as you build your business.
Some resources I have for family day care:
Family Day Care Service providers:
- Policies and Procedures Manual all done for you to achieve at least a “Meeting” rating under the National Quality Standard
- Service Assessment (just like a visit from the Department but with a QIP developed just for you and your particular circumstances)
- Parent Handbook and Agreement, make sure your clients understand their responsibilities in accessing child care subsidy and service agreements
- Educator Handbook and Agreement, make sure the educators you register with your service know their obligations under the education and care regulations
- Quality Area 7 (Governance and Leadership) training, all leaders need an understanding of governance
- Plus so much more….Check it out here
Family Day Care Educators:
- Policies and Procedures for educators to assist their enrolled families and meet their obligations under the National Quality Standard
- Branding and Marketing Template to get your business in the forefront of potential clients and send the message you want
- FDC Survival Guide, develop your own professional development plan
- Home Assessment Checklist – make sure your home is safe to be providing education and care to children
- Business Planning Template to get the most out your home business and grow financially
- Plus so much more…Check it out here
Family Day Care Applicants:
- Approved Provider online course – how to prepare and get your application right the first time
- Service Approval Application, this policy manual has been approved in each state and comes with a set of instructions to get your service approval
- Child Care Subsidy application, the hardest application of all, get your governance structure, business planning and 12 month cost projections ready for application
- Parent and Educator Handbooks and Agreements, make sure your educators and clients are aware of their obligations under the education and care legislation
- Plus so much more… Check it out here
- The free JPS Youtube channel provides answers to common questions, tips and information to grow and improve your business (don’t forget to subscribe), the videos are designed to inform your self-education, or can also be used for group training ‘conversation’ starters, and to inform your quality improvement plan.
- I also maintain a blog to inform you of what’s going on in the sector, strategies and tips for optimal business and quality growth.
- I am available to answer questions, challenge or inform your thinking on strategy or a particular issue, it’s what I do best. Book a chat with me here.
Now, don’t worry, I hate getting too many emails, so you won’t get bombarded from me. If anything, you’ll come looking for me, which is what seems to happen!
So, welcome to my community. Join the rest of us in the JPS Advisers facebook group, where you can post your questions or experiences and get support from me and your peers. We all want to see the sector flourish.
Happy to help in any way I can.
Again, welcome! Nice to have you here. The more the merrier, so they say!
So, there it is. What can you do as part of your reflection in family day care practice to help you connect better with your community, or become a better educator or service provider?