Coaching and Mentoring for Family Day Care
Coaching and mentoring for family day care, no matter where you are on your journey…
- “You really understood my goals and expectations and guided me through, your approach was professional and you cleared all of my queries, and made sure I knew what I needed to make informed decisions for my business plan. I was very confident going into the assessment” “I would recommend each and every person to speak with Jodie, I can feel the difference with her guidance” K. Kumar (Approved Provider) Victoria.
- “I never really understood Governance until now, and I’ve been in education and care management for 5 years”. O. Abou-eid (Approved provider) Victoria.
Coaching has been successfully used for years …
Ever wondered how coaching can improve your family day care business?
Coaching has been used successfully in business and sports to get the best out of individuals and teams and will do the same for you and your business. Remember the better the ‘business’ the better the ‘service delivery‘.
Coaching for you and/or your team will:
– Build knowledge and the ability to apply the National Quality Standards across your service (including strategies for engaging educators)
– Preparing applications for each approval required to operate an education and care service.
– Improve the delivery of the educational programs being offered across the service (Approved Learning Framework/s), including streamlining evidence requirements
– Instil critical reflective attitudes and practices in your leadership team
– Set quality improvement strategy and direction (including Self-Reflection and Quality Improvement Plan development)
– Identify professional development needs and opportunities across the service
– Train and resource you and your service to achieve your desired rating in the National Quality Rating and Assessment.
How it works…
We commence our first session by confirming your goals, discussing and establishing the best strategy for you and agree on outcomes and timeframes. I will work alongside you to ensure you have the resources, direction and support you need to achieve set goals within agreed timeframes.
Below I refer to general hours of support differing goals are likely to require.
– Approved Provider Assessment (2-3 Hours)
– Service Approval Application (4-5 Hours)
– CCS Approved Provider Application (10-15 Hours)
– Compliance Assessments (6-8 Hours)
– Ratings and Assessment preparation and support (15-20 Hours)
– Compliance rectification (15-20 Hours)
As your coach, I’ll support you with the struggles, questions and the many decisions you’ll need to make along the way. You can trust you’re getting the right information and guidance from me, find out more about me here.
Coaching hours are scheduled over the period of time it would take to achieve established goals. For some goals, such as preparing for an interview, this may see us meet every fortnight for two months or a service preparing for rating and assessment may require monthly team meetings for up to 12 months.
What are the benefits coaching?
– Challenges are faced with the ability to make informed decisions catering to to different perspectives, in a timely manner that drives your service forward – ‘Governance and Leadership’.
The way family day care businesses are structured means that each team member usually works remotely from each other. Educators work from their home, the service owners work from an office elsewhere and the coordinators work somewhere in between. That’s why it is important that your family day care business has consistent processes and procedures in place of what to do when you need to make a decision, especially because in our line of work these issues can involve the safety of children and it is these documents and practices that make it fair and equitable for everyone.