Family Day Care Business Plan Template
“Thank you, I got the business template today for my family day care service, and I found it quite easy to follow as well. It was a document they (the Department) requested from the meeting. I had a rough plan, but your template made it look professional”
Dr. Kemball Victoria
A family day care business plan is integral for a range of reasons to your family day care service, whether you are working from home or you are running the service. A family day care business plan assists with a range of aspects for your business from finances and compliance to branding and marketing and everything in between.
Some examples on how this family day care business plan template has been designed for family day care:
- Starting out your service
- Applying for approvals or licensing
- Selling, purchasing or adding a service
- If you have experienced a decline in clients or finding clients difficult to attract
- Not attracting the right workers, staff or assistants or experiencing a ‘turn-over’
- Policies not being implemented (are they meeting your business’s needs?)
- Ratings and Assessment preparation (business planning helps you identify any foundational or budget barriers to your improvement goals)
- Starting your home business as an educator
Business planning gives you direction and assists you to avoid any potential unforeseen issues, identify opportunities and set future direction.
A family day care business plan will:
- Make you more aware of your costs, and therefore charges, and inform your operational budget and financial planning allowing you to allocate funds for what you want, equipment, resources, training, additional staff etc.
- Identify your strengths; what sets you apart from your competitors, therefore informing your marketing and promotional material so you attract the right client
- Identify your weaknesses; allowing you to be prepared for risks or develop a professional development for yourself or others (what don’t you know?)
- Identify your threats; what are your competitors offering? Who is your client demographic? education? employment? etc. knowing this will assist in your marketing, fee setting, policy development etc.
- Identify your opportunities; is there a need for more child care places where you want to operate? Can you cater for a specialist group of children or clients (pre-school, additional needs, infants, school age etc.)?
- Links directly to National Quality Areas: 7 (Governance and Leadership) and 4 (Staffing arrangements) and 6 (Collaborative Partnerships with Families and Communities)
This family day care business plan template will set you on the right path for establishing, reviewing, growing and improving your family day care business.
Remember! I am only Zoom away should you need any support, schedule your time with me here.