Educator Handbook and Agreement
Educators are the backbone to a family day care service, however, unlike their centre based counterparts they’re bound by laws and regulations that carry fines.
The Educator Handbook is for services to give to their educators so they are aware of the laws and regulations that directly relate to running a child care business from home and their obligations so the service can be compliant.
Educators using this handbook will:
- Know their legal obligations
- Know how to identify risks to children and themselves
- Develop Risk Assessment and Management Plans
- Support visitors to continue to meet the laws
- What to document and which records to keep
- Who to report to and when
This is a companion to the JPS Family Day Care Policies and Procedures and also serves as agreement to the policies and procedures.