Become an Approved Provider Online Course
Become a family day care approved provider. In order to start your own family day care service you will need to get through three applications (approvals), two with the state regulatory authority and the final one with the commonwealth regulatory authority (CCS Approval). And there is no better time than right now!
This course will prepare you for the first two applications (state regulatory authority) to open and operate a successful, viable and compliant Education and Care (family day care) Service for children and families, with a 98% success rate with clients, I prepare you for not only the assessment, but operation.
The Become An Approved Provider course covers both the:
- Approved Provider Approval; and
- Service Approval
The approval (applications) requirements become more demanding at each stage, including the written assessments, the practice workbook in this course will fully prepare you for your written approved provider assessment with the state regulatory authority.
Due to the requirements and expectations of operating an education and care service, securing your three approvals can take more than 12 months.
This approved provider online course includes:
Over four hours of content, it is everything you need to know to get through approvals, including:
- Business planning
- Sample scenario assessments
- Branding and Marketing
- Resume Development
- Explanatory videos
- Professional Resources and contacts
- Access to policies and procedures (for your Service Approval application)
- Direct access to me, a recognised education and care governance and management adviser.
Operating a family day care service requires the approved provider to ensure educators working from their own home are meeting the education and care regulations, including developing risk management, emergency management and educational plans, just to name a few.
There are many rules and regulations around operating a family day care service and the approved provider is responsible for everyone involved in the service including, educators, staff and of course children.
What will you get from this course?
- The best business structure for you and your business goals
- A winning resume to suit education and care services and meet the Department’s requirements
- Documentation required for the application
- Preparation and practice of the written assessment
- Succession planning
Who will benefit from this course?
- People wanting to start their own family day care service
- Approved Providers wanting to improve their understanding of Governance and management
- Nominated Supervisors and Coordinators seeking governance and management professional development for career advancement
All participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from JPS to add to their resume.
This course directly relates to Quality Area 7 – Governance and Leadership.
Quality Area 7 of the Education and Care National Quality Standards guides approved providers, nominated supervisors and anyone in a leadership position as to how they can operate and improve their service. A service that is rated as Working Towards the National Quality Standards, has work to do, JPS are committed to working with service providers and educators to ensure they are Meeting the National Quality Standard. Children and families deserve services to be Meeting the standard and staff and educators deserve to be supported in the professional development to ensure this happens.